We’re starting out the New Year with snow storms and sub-zero temperatures in North Iowa. We’re accustomed this Midwestern winter weather and it doesn’t stop us from having fun. Here are some of the activities our mentors and mentees enjoyed this winter. There’s always something to do in Mitchell County.
- Browsing Pinterest for craft ideas. Creating a special board to save ideas for another time.
- Attending a mentee’s wresting meet at school.
- Enjoying dinner at mentor’s house.
- Wrapping Christmas gifts together.
- Making Christmas cards and delivered them to a local nursing home.
- Swimming at the Cedar River Complex.
- Completing a lot of holiday baking! Lemon bars, no bake cookies, frosted sugar cookies
- Playing video games and watching movies.
- Studying for an upcoming test.
- Catching a movie at Watts Theater.
- Playing board games at Kountry Kupboard Cafe and Taste.
- Attending the Bridges archery event at the Mitchell County Nature Center.
01/31/15 Winter Survival Day Camp: Mentors are invited to take their mentees to our second “Creating Pathways to Nature” event, Winter Survival Day camp. This event will take place at the Nature Center in Osage between 9:30-1 pm. Activities depend on the weather, but may include ice skating, cross country skiing and igloo building. The Nature Center is also equipped with comfortable, indoor facilities complete with a restroom and full kitchen. Mentors and mentees can pop inside to warm up over a glass of hot chocolate as needed. Lunch is provided.
Questions or concerns? Contact us or give us a call at 641-732-3566. We are always happy to find a time to connect in person.