During each month, our mentors and mentees meet for about four hours and do many fun activities together. Now that it’s summer, they are taking advantage of the beautiful weather. Here is a sampling of activities they’ve participated in within the past couple months:
- Planting a flower in a pot and giving it to mom for mother’s day.
- Using a metal detector
- Going to the park
- Practicing how to count money
- Studying for tests
- Building a bird house
- Playing ball with a mentor’s dog
- Going to the CRC
- Playing checkers at the coffee shop
- Participating in AWANA
- Preparing dinner together at a mentor’s home
We’re always looking for mentoring activities! Let us know if you have any ideas or if we should share any upcoming events in North Iowa.